Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PTW Downtime
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:26 pm 

Greetings Pirates,

You probably noticed that the PTW website has not been available recently. Since the 11th our server has been under attack by an unknown source. The attack was a type of attack that could not be stopped. After many failed attempts we decided to park our domain until the attack stopped. The type of attack was a DDoS attack that was flooding the site with thousands of simultaneous http connections using spoofed IP’s which caused the server to be inaccessible.

We are going to have the game offline while we deal with the attack. We may be facing another server move since our provider was little to no help with the situation. This time the server move will be quick and there should be little downtime.

Pirate The World is here to stay and we are not going to let this type of attack bring us down for good. Once the game is back online expect PTW to be better than ever.

Last edited by repustech on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 pm 

will you send out an email when the game is up and running again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:37 pm 
Spasm Master

casmumma wrote:
will you send out an email when the game is up and running again?

well, probably

also, he will definitely post it here in the forums, and if you have it marked to send you an email to all responses in your profile, you'll be alerted through email that way too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 am 

could admin establish a start date and time for the game to resume, when they are ready to. this way everyone has a chance to get the info and start at the same time if they want to. I know a number of players got caught with their pants down and would like to get back into the game as soon as it comes back on line to protect their positions. I know that I have been hit a couple of times the game was up for a few minutes but missed those times and could not de-fame my position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:55 am 
Spasm Master

well, nobody knows when the game can come back up yet - not even repustech and shelvock. They want to be sure their attacker cant hit the game again, at least until they have the backup files stored.

Of course, they could always send the email out 24 hours in advanced saying it will come back up at noon the next day, or something like that to make it fair. I don't care either way lol, since i had next to nothing when it went down