Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radar working strange
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:40 am 

I am having trouble with my radar scope. Sometimes you move and it doesn't move or a single move showes up as a double move. Could this be my resolution? What is the recomended screen setting. I have searched the forum but found nothing. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:22 am 

1024x768 is the optimal resolution. Try that and let us know if you still have problems. Maybe take a screenshot and post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:08 am 
Bros Before Hoes

it may just appear like that.. it does some funny things :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:55 am 

I have had it not let me move up one square even though there are no ships directly above my ship, there where ship 2-3 squares to the left or right, but clear sailing above me. Move one square to the right and boom, the whole radar shifts over and then it appears that the ship that was 2-3 away is actually right above my ship. I have had it happen a couple of times a day.
I seem to have to move around ghost ships when move one square at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:53 am 

Huskers, I think my problem may be directly related to the fact that you are plundering my ship on a regular basis. lol

rawzed, you have done a better job of describing the behavior that I am seeing than I ever could. This is exactly what is happening to me.

Admin, I shall try checking resolution and get back to ya, that is if huskers has not plundered me to the point that I have no gold to pay my crew. Speaking of crew, they are demanding sherry for lunch. Can they get away with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:07 am 
Bros Before Hoes

PoorSkipper wrote:
Huskers, I think my problem may be directly related to the fact that you are plundering my ship on a regular basis. lol

rawzed, you have done a better job of describing the behavior that I am seeing than I ever could. This is exactly what is happening to me.

Admin, I shall try checking resolution and get back to ya, that is if huskers has not plundered me to the point that I have no gold to pay my crew. Speaking of crew, they are demanding sherry for lunch. Can they get away with that?

hmm.. i doubt its "regular", unless thats not your game id.. in which case its breaking a rule becuase you have to have same game and forum name... and they arent ghost ships... like i said, the radar tends to be off a little bit.. and it has always been like that.. its just something you learn to adjust to.. its not a "ghost" ship that doesnt let you move, its always one of them just off to your left right, north or south

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:58 am 

I have gotten use to 'just a little bit off', but there have been times it is alot more than just a little. I had one last night. The closest ship looked over 5 squares away, then moving one square it was right next to me. They could have moved, does not seem likely, i was in that position for at least 10 minutes doing something 'fishing', wait for a nibble. Nothing had moved for the duration...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:08 pm 

Quote:
in which case its breaking a rule becuase you have to have same game and forum name

One person told me that, now it is two. I guess I had better be changing my forum name. I am assuming a PM to admin will do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:03 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

PoorSkipper wrote:
Quote:
in which case its breaking a rule becuase you have to have same game and forum name

One person told me that, now it is two. I guess I had better be changing my forum name. I am assuming a PM to admin will do the trick.

yup pm them and they can fix it for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:09 pm 

Yup, definitely PM and they will change it. They are extremely responsive.

Husker, it's my birthday and you stole 598 gold pieces from me that I had spent a lot of time plundering from somebody else. In the future, could you PM me and ask for permission before plundering?

Thanks
Mike :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:12 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

mef623 wrote:
Yup, definitely PM and they will change it. They are extremely responsive.

Husker, it's my birthday and you stole 598 gold pieces from me that I had spent a lot of time plundering from somebody else. In the future, could you PM me and ask for permission before plundering?

Thanks
Mike :lol:

*sigh*

but that would take too long! and i was dissappointed i only got 600 from a moving blue ship... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:51 pm 

So sorry. ;)

Husker, please check out this thread. I'm interested in your opinion about navigation after everything I've read here.

Mike

http://forum.piratetheworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=964

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 pm 

shelvock wrote:
1024x768 is the optimal resolution. Try that and let us know if you still have problems. Maybe take a screenshot and post it here.
The attached images are from my screen at 1024x768. I think the pixel is 95. Each of the following images are moving from image1 to image3 and each movement is in a south direction. NO EAST OR WEST travel is involved. I hope this helps. If you need my radar level I can PM that to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:11 am 

It looks as though you are not using a default font size for your browser or operating system. I would check that 1st. The font should appear smaller on the screen and that will help the distortion you are seeing. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:01 am 

repustech wrote:
It looks as though you are not using a default font size for your browser or operating system. I would check that 1st. The font should appear smaller on the screen and that will help the distortion you are seeing. :wink:

I think its because the radar places a space as a blank square.. ideally you guys would change it to a black p - then it would look right on everyones computer all the time... but this has been brought up before and nothing has been done... some people would use grease monkey to fix this themselves.. but i wouldnt do that.. thats against the rules :wink:.