Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OK, ummm...another weird thing...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:54 pm 

Just checked my attack log and all it says is that I failed on BCP19 on the 1st and 3rd of March. Nothing else.

Yeah, I'm a whiner. I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:39 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

That's cause I'm special :D

Post subject: bad lag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 pm 

I've read most of the posts regarding the lag which I am experiencing as well. Either the page becomes the "Black page of death" or it just plain freezes and refresh will not resolve it. I literally have to close down the game and relog in again to play. This happens when there are ships in my view or after I've been hit or visa versa. This really sucks as I'm sure you all agree.
Due to the lag problem, my girlfriend who plays on our other computer will wait until after I've done all my moves before she plays. This might be a band width thing, i dunno for sure, but we did test it and it is much slower when both of us try to play...we are on high speed internet so it shouldn't be this slow on this end....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:26 pm 
John the Fisherman

yes, there have been times where I am trying to do something, and nothing happens when I click an action...the little windows flag thing in the top right corner of the browser moves as if it's trying to load something, but nothing happens...

At that time, I close out of everything and log back in again

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 pm 
the evil pirate

last night was really bad for me until it finally locked up, i couldnt log in for 5 minutes but after i did re-login the game was lightning fast for about 15 minutes. i had also noticed that the game was showing daylight pics and after the lockup it was showing nightime pics.

could it possibly be something with the new pics that is causing the lag?

they are super cool and everything but it may be a good idea to put the old ones in for 2-3 days to see if it helps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:51 pm 

I get a little lag from time to time but nothing like what is being described here... How is / are your data files for your adware / spyware / virus programs? Try Spybot search & destroy, ad-aware and Free-av... They are good...

Also you might try going to hijack-this and posting a dump in their forums... and shut off some of the stuff you don't need, that always speeds me up...

The other day, it seemed to lock up on me then the windows update window finally popped open wanting me to reboot... I was looking for the button that said go away until I make all my moves button but couldn't find it... Maybe an email to Bill gates is in order...

Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:19 pm 

I must say that I have had no problems concerning a non responsive PTW or excessive lag that I was not able to resolve or blame on my isp.

That being said I have had an issue that I will post about in a new thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:46 pm 
the evil pirate

Captain_Chaos wrote:
I get a little lag from time to time but nothing like what is being described here... How is / are your data files for your adware / spyware / virus programs? Try Spybot search & destroy, ad-aware and Free-av... They are good...

Also you might try going to hijack-this and posting a dump in their forums... and shut off some of the stuff you don't need, that always speeds me up...

The other day, it seemed to lock up on me then the windows update window finally popped open wanting me to reboot... I was looking for the button that said go away until I make all my moves button but couldn't find it... Maybe an email to Bill gates is in order...

Hope this helps...

ive been running a bunch of free virus programs weekly, had the others you mentioned exept Free-av so i said why not?

well it caught a trojan on my computer that no other program caught. i also did a defrag and turned off firewall and turned on system restore to see if they helped. i also turned off the microsoft automatic updates.

guess what

PTW is lightning fast now!!

thanks Chaos , im really gonna feel guilty taking your gold now after this help :P

storm percentage is way down too, you just created a monster!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:43 am 

No problem... I hope others can "profit" from this...

Somehow, I don't think you will feel guilty for long :lol: