John the Fisherman

hell, I'll go do it right now...

I'll take a screen shot as well

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: Attack didn't take place
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 am 

I still have the same bug also but am use to it now. Other than the testing I have done with SeaCaptainN in chat for the bug I don't know what else I can do to help though. Unless it was just the move bug we were testing but I think both are because of the same thing (What ever that may be). The main thing I noticed was that it mainly happens for me when I delay before attacking, searching, moving, etc. For this reason I'm sure it is to do with the database timing out after around 20 seconds. As a quick fix I suggest adding a command to wake up the database without using it and have the command that preforms the players action just after that line.
Another idea which could be the problem is that some data is being lost after a short amount of time before it gets to the sever. Depending on when the data is lost this could explain why it can still happen if you don't wait.
I just had a 3rd idea which could explain heaps but I should think about it more before posting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:35 pm 
John the Fisherman

Here ya go...

What I did was attack the lowest green dot (pirate) and his name is shown below the radar to see that I was indeed locked on him...he was an inactive pirate, too...

I know that the coordinates are posted, but I know you wanted to see where he and I were..

And I didn't want people to see my ship and gold and such, so in order to protect the innocent, I replaced them with kittens!

basically the bug goes like this:

I click a pirate.
it tells me what it says there, even though the pirate has yet to move...

any ideas?

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 am 

It's a pain but it looks like this bug is back. 2 different players having the same bug, 1 before moves reset, and the other after.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 pm 
John the Fisherman

yeah, I caught a glimpse of this happening the other day...

hasn't happened to me today yet though

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:24 pm 

this is still happening...this stinks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:02 pm 
John the Fisherman

wwsucks wrote:
this is still happening...this stinks

sometimes it works in your favor

instead of getting a beautiful hit on you, this happens!

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 pm 

I never thought of it that way..I don't know when I'm getting hit, only after I realize I'm missing gold, unless of course you get that frustrating lag that occurs, I dread the time between time waiting to see how much I lost. Sometimes, when I click a link and I get the attack didn't take message happens, I will click the link again and the page goes white...time ticking away, I will pray I didn't get hit. Hitting refresh rarely works. The cheat bot makes the game lag too and when you use firefox the pictures jumble around before you can select them or it lags and you need to wait for it to load before it jumbles the pictures. I've played with and without radar and I see no difference. At home we never play at the same time ...using the same bandwidth has it's disadvantages when you're not paying for sonic speed internet. It's on the to do list, just don't when I'll get around to it.
I've had the advantage of watching another member play for a long time. She has the same issues with this game...but sometimes we need to look at the differences.
She had complained to me that when the game lags she gets this white page that looks almost like safe mode because she still sees the game grid. I actually saw it yesterday and this is the best description I can give. If she clicks on refresh the page either goes back to normal or it crashes. I have never had this happen on my computer. She says it's been happening for a long time on her comp. We use the same internet connection but of course different Ip's and can't tell if this is a factor.

Does this happen to anyone else?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 am 

yep it's happened to me several times over the last month. it has also happened while attackin a pirate while movin after locking on four or five consecutive attemps and then i receive the message that i've already attacked them or even had exceeded my weekly limit when i know i never hit this particular pirate that week

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 am 
John the Fisherman

yeah, I've gotten that screen before

the text is different and it looks really basic

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:34 pm 

CSStriker wrote:
yeah, I've gotten that screen before

the text is different and it looks really basic

yeah this what i'm referin to see.mon. am right after reset i had this accure with a particular pirate ok and sent a pm to admin and this is at least a month ago and have yet to receive a responce. so there you have it.i don't know about settin up scaffolding in computer jargin yet i know what's involved physially with settin it up on skyscapers ok, there's a tremendous amout of tension in my particular spin on the work(people die when they don't do it right) yet i can assure you it would have been addressed.shoot you can bet your booty it would be resolved and that's that see.this isn't life threatin and it seems our enjoyment is secondary to, i don't know ,what is it?i've spent a few hundred in 3 months see and it's in my opinion nickle and dime action to what could potentially be a f***kin gold mine see so am i gonna get the boot for tellin it the way i see it or what?hey what's a poor pirate supposed to do.i'd go look for a street fight but i'm tired of spendin my money with attorneys lol ok lol i really need to reduce my caffine intake.lol
musical dedication-POD-BOOM