Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible bug fix
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 am 

An interesting thing I found with the bug which loses moves is that I can wait by a ship and move so I should get the message about not being able to move there because of the ship getting in the way but rather than giving that message it doesn't move me and still takes the one move. This must mean the game is taking moves before processing them and then the processing function fails in some way for some reason.
Though we don't all have the bug the order in which the code runs could be changed which may fix it for the players that do have the bug. More likely it will still not move right away but this will mean at least that the moves aren't lost.
I still think the bug is to do with timing but this idea should work as a patch for the problem until the bug can be worked out and fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:56 pm 

Have not been able to play for a month... New job takes me on the road a lot now... Read this post and tried it in beta and normal modes, directly next to someone, chsnged my ship to a one mover, plundered into the pirate next to me and did not lose a move...