Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: glitching out
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:03 am 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Did anyone else's screen start freakin out on the 11the early in the morning? Shortly after Moniac made the most generous gesture ever recorded in my book (thanks again by the way) I mad ea few moves north, hit a town and upgraded for the 2nd time in one night (which is otherwise impossible now, again thanks moniac) then just a few clicks later, my screen started feakin out loading, unloading poppin html coming back to normal, switching open windows, pictures glitching in and out and the whole nine. It was like my computer was suddenly possessed by demons or something. Anyway i logged out of everything and came back in and everything was honky dory again, ohhhh and of course in that brief time larry came by and hit me too (but haha larry! too little to late!) It was very wierd, did anyone else get a ride on the "freakin out roller coaster" around 2am ptw time?

On a side not i'd like to laugh at larry again :lol: I know that you passed me several times, you musta waited hoping id have more gold for you later in the gaming time, but nooooooo shoulda hit me when ya first saw me. :lol: :tongue:

Post subject: Re: glitching out
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:02 pm 

yes the psyco page glitch happened to me today...it was really weird, the page was jumping around all haywire. I also experienced a white out when trying to run from Larry. I clicked on the up arrow and my page went completely white...I was robbed...of course by the time I could get the game back,
Larryx6 Success 13990 Lost
These game glitches are really a pain in the butt and I'm getting tired of losing everything because of it. I know it's not my computer cause the same thing happens to Plague when shes playing...I use foxfire and she uses IE.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:17 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Well at least its not my losing my mind. I was begining to wonder if there was 'ergot' in my ice tea! Thats the only time that ever happend, and the wierd concidence is that larry hit me too as i was reloading it to try to fix it! Susssspicous!

I go the white screen last night as well. Good thing nobody found me when it was happening though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:10 pm 

the game seems to lag only when another active player is nearby. I was humming along and there was Larry again...I couldn't move...page turned white after I clicked on an arrow key...again just like yesterday...bammm I got robbed again
ratpatrol Success 16818 Lost
larryx6 Success 22961 Lost
both cases the screen froze and then turned white...
I also had a glitch moment when it seemed like someone had remote access...my cursor had a mind of its own..same thing happened yesterday too ...both times Larry was in my sight. This can't be a coincidence.
also several times during the game .. my place on the grid would shift to a direction I did not click...Only reason I know this is because I already hit the ships in the grid and was moving in a different direction...example - I click right and I go back to the left where I just was.

Am I going nuts or what? I'm getting really frustrated since no matter what I do I make no gains...all because of glitches...This is the only game I pay into ...mostly just for fame resets at the end of my moves...I am not going to waste any more of my money if these glitches arent fixed soon.

P.O'd , frustrated and broke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:15 pm 

I forgot to mention that too many times today I had to double click to move or attack. The page tries to load but fails..sometimes it works if I double click but usually I have to click on the start game link to get the page back up...sometimes I have to reload

This sucks!!! I knew my game name was chosen for a reason

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:57 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

What do you mean by the 'page fails'?

Are you getting an error message?

I don't know what the hell is happening because it doesn't happen to me!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 pm 

what I meant about the page failing is: it freezes and won't load or the page turns white and you either have to reclick on the start game link on the home page or sometimes reload the page (sometimes you have to totally shut down the game and reload it by opening a new firefox page.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:13 pm 

no I don't get an error page.

The problem didn't happen today but then I didn't bump into anyone who was strong enough to get me ....finally...bty I haven't seen Smiller lately :D

I did have a scary panick moment today but it was the batteries in my darn mouse...totally died on me OMG...here i am scrounging for some decent batteries ..yikes..praying no one would find me whewwww...big sigh of relief when I finally got them loaded

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:47 pm 

ahh yes..the white screen of death
it happens to me frequently
and its a real pain in the you know where
i just pray no one hits me when im lagged out and the attack log and the main screen goes all white for about 1 min
then everything comes back to normal
and i know of many people,just about everyone id say that i have talked with in chat and in the forums ect have the same problem on a daily basis,so youre not alone ww
may have something to do with the live radar
ive said it before and ill say it again
its not on my side because mt wife also plays ptw as some of you know
she gets the same problem as i do with the white screen of death
and if it was our side or our isp..surely it would happen to us both at the same time..but it doesnt,thats why i think it maybe a live radar script problem..but im just shooting in the wind
And yes folks..the MrsAir ship is controlled by a man..i had a little accident when i first had to register an account with ptw and since then the name has stuck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:20 pm 

so i did a test tonight for 2 hours straight
i turned the live radar off and ran auto refresh for 2 hours set to 3 secs(old skool)and i did not lockup at all,no white screens of death for me(btw thankz for the gold flkb) so thats why i think its a glitch in the live radar script
if i was you ww when you do a pirate smack run,id turn off your live radar and play with your instincts
give it a try tomorrow and lemme know how you get on

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:51 pm 

I tried your Idea MrsAir regarding keeping the radar turned off. I had one episode where the I got the white screen and when I got the page back up popcan was sitting right there

popcan Success 36026 Lost Sep 15 ...crap & SOB, I was getting close to an upgrade too

I was wondering if it could be the arrow keys causing the glitch. I always use them rather than the mouse..I was experimenting tonight but kept forgetting and used the arrow keys out of habit ...thats what I was using when the glitch caught me