Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game issue?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:46 am 

holy crap is the game ever buggered tonight/this morning..I have only been able to move 4 spaces at a time two times in around 400 moves. the game keeps freezing when you click to move or do an action
it says "connecting to pirate the world" in the bottom right corner of the page. It is also pulling up a blank white page... It's taking forever to play my moves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:10 am 

I gave up with the game being so slow. I couldn't get into the treasure chest to pay for a fame reset...I had to go through paypal instead. My fame was not zeroed although I got a confirmation email from paypal. I will not be impressed if someone attacks me and I lose my gold!!!. I have written down how much I have right now just in case

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:40 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

The fame reset, regardless of how you buy them, go into the treasure chest. You have to go into the chest and apply it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:37 am 

I can't log in at all. Can only get to forums, can't look at stats, treasure chest or play game...what's going on???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:08 am 
John the Fisherman

something tells me wwsucks will not be pleased...

you will need to apply the fame reset that you bought from your treasure chest...didn't you already have a problem with this before, and we told you the same thing?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:21 pm 

yup once again I've been burned by the game - this really sucks
If I had known that paypal amounts only go into the treasure chest I wouldn't have wasted my money..I had nothing in my paypal so it comes off my credit card with a $3 fee on top of the $2 purchase for fame

The disappointments in the game never cease to amaze me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:37 pm 
the evil pirate

looking at this from a business view instead of a kneepad view I personally think wwsucks should get his gold back and 3 fame resets applied to his account. he is a PAYING player which keeps this game alive providing cashouts and prizes.

goldpirate and I should get our moves and silver back for having to go through 2 hours of rebooting , ad-aware, cookie cleaning , virus checking and opening/closing our browsers 100 times . I should also get my bounty for catching that player using those scripts ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1957 ) as his ship has been deleted from the game

next time anyone gets locked out with this game bug and needs someone to apply a fame reset to their account message me in the forums with your username and password and I will apply it to your account. if you dont have any silver ill even go farm a reset for you instead of taking opportunistic hits on your ship.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:42 pm 

I experienced everything written prior to my post here! Last night I gave up and came back a couple hours later, same issues.

Cleaned all my cookies, off line files and temp files, came back to same issues!

The inability to move sucks! You hit a move and sit and wait for the game to catch up as you look at blank map and compass.

I logged in this afternoon to use up my moves and still, same problems! Several times the play screen locked up and I had to close and reopen it, once had to close IE and log back in after waiting forever to see if it would log in!

I was at the top of the new pirate ranks earlier this week and the inability to move has knocked me to #5, THAT SUCKS! I laid out some hard cash all month and kept myself at the top only to be screwed during the last week as I lost moves from not being able to play!

The inability to move has left me with fame when I couldn't log in resulting in loss of gold, I dare not rampage cause I never know when I'll get booted with fame and come back to find my gold cleaned out yet again!

I'm not spending another penny until the game is fixed and a review of my account will show that I was serious about buying silver.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:33 am 

Seems fine today... had one white page, but closed IE, cleared everything and came back in and all was well for the rest of my moves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:27 pm 
John the Fisherman

what kinds of browsers does everyone use?

I used to use IE, but then it started giving me the "blinking" radar, so I use FF now...but I use IE to farm, since that is so much faster now

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 am 

I use firefox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:33 am 

the game is all screwed up again. The only difference is that you can still log back on when it lags after every click. I should have realized that there was a problem since there were only 6 members playing... Sometimes if you triple click the refresh button it will load normally (without having to reload game) This is horrible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:26 am 

HELP!! I was playing the game and it shut right down..I can't even get the page to load and my fame is high....I know I have alot of gold and I don't want to lose it!!! I've been trying so hard to make up for what I've lost due to all the issues. This is NOT right nor fair if I lose all my gold again

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

You have 0 fame from what I see.

To anyone else reading this:

I thought of something that might be disrupting either your connection or the server itself. If anyone has any "web accelerator", "prefetching", or "precaching" software installed on their computer, please disable it for piratetheworld.com, game.piratetheworld.com, and forum.piratetheworld.com. It is very possible that something like this could be bombarding the server with too many requests and either getting you blacklisted or disrupting the network connection for other players.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:05 am 

I haven't tried any moves yet since moves reset, but the live log and radar keeps going off for me. There are many different programs on my computer but none of which should mess with the net in that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next