Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fame reset didnt work
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:01 pm 

OK i bought a fame reset which didnt work...I have the confirmation receipt
Greetings wwsucks, Your purchased item(s) have been added to your Treasure Chest on 10/28/2007 at 4:02 AM EST. You may now go into your Treasure Chest and apply them to your account! Thanks for your support. :-) Item purchased: Fame ResetQuantity: 1Amount ($): 2.00 PTW Team

Guess what!!- it didn't work and I got my ass kicked - come on now people this should not happen- my fame was at 7 when I paid for the fame reset and now its at 3...I hope you fix this problem because I should not have to pay both in cash and gold for this sites issues

ratpatrol Success 9406 Lost Oct 28 10:23:55
ptrdanno Success 11799 Lost Oct 28 08:59:51
MadMorganBonney Success 14657 Lost Oct 28 08:27:47
CSStriker Success 18120 Lost Oct 28 07:04:08
flkb Success 1761 Lost Oct 28 02:46:42

I lost over 55000 when I shouldn't have ... I want my gold back....a fame reset is Not going to cut it :evil:

Post subject: Re: fame reset didnt work
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:03 pm 

ohhh crap the paypal money only went to the treasure chest...the treasure chest was not accessable - this is BS -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:51 pm 
John the Fisherman

I'm not one to point at faults, but it clearly says it right there that you needed to move it from your treasure chest and apply it to the game

honestly, when I came into the forum and saw what you posted, i ran into you in the game...and my first thought was "Let's see if he applied the fame reset"

18k off wwsucks?!?! Nope....he will be furious

Anyways, I dont mind giving him the gold back, even though he should've known what to do

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 pm 

Maybe I am butting in, but although I am not a computor tech, I am married to one. I asked him this morning what might be going on with 1) the white page of death 2) having a problem accessing the site or parts of the site 3) and the other problems we all seem to be having once in a while or for others, quite often. Here is what he told me it could be. He told me to tell you guys/gals that every day first go up to the Tools button (on MOzilla firefox)( don't know about IE)and click on it. Then go to Clear Private Data. Just make sure you know all your passwords before you do this, cause you will have to put in passwords all over again and that will make it harder if you don't remember them.
He also told me to tell ya to go to Downloads.com and install the free version of AdawareSE. Also run any virus protection you have before and after the game. He seems to think that it might be that the Advertisers are taking advantage of the ads wtih popups, popunders, etc. I know after being on the site for a couple of hours I have to do this in order for computor to run clean and clear. Advertizers do not care if they slow down your computor as long as they get your attention. The slower it runs, the better for them. Example: Before I can play a decent game of PirateTheWorld, I run my Adaware Se (I always have 50 to 250 tracking cookies that I have to delete...........always!) Then, I have Windows Washer whichI bought in 2001 and I run it. You don't really need it with the Adaware SE, but I use it. Once in a while, if I have been on for a while, the site will stall and I have to run it again. After that I don't have a problem. Make sure you have a good virus protection you are using. No matter how safe a site is, someone can come on who has a virus and boom, we are all screwed. So keep your virus protection up. If these things don't help, I don't know what else to tell ya. But I have to believe that since only certain people are having this problem all the time, I believe it has to do with the advertizers. Clear the cookies and the personal histories and then run AdawareSE and most of that should go away. I hope this helps. If not, I can ask hubby more questions for ya'll. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:15 am 

For the record. Because of the issues with the site last night, I was not able to open the treasure chest. The game would not load, the page would say "connecting to site piratetheworld and then go to a page that said "not able to access webpage, piratetheworld taking too long to load. I tried rebooting, cleaning cookies and checked for virus, nothing worked . I have always purchased $20 at a time since the treasure chest has been implemented and never used paypal to buy only a fame reset ..