Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sick of the lag
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 pm 

This lag is very frustrating...I get half way to upgrading and the game lags once and poof, I lose a large lump of gold. I am back to where I was 3 weeks ago with no hope in sight...I might as well stop playing since I can't get anywhere..the big guys get touger, us middle guys are in limbo and the little guys get no where. We need another way to find gold...something that pays out like sinking ships.
The last time I upgraded was Nov 20 and I've probably paid at least $40 into my treasure chest since then just for the purchase of fame resets. I'm not investing any more. The next upgrade price is astonomical and I can't even perceive how I will manage to get enough with this friggin lag... :evil:

Post subject: Re: sick of the lag
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:59 pm 

Try opera browser. I do not have any lag when using it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:29 pm 

Sorry to hear that and I hope you keep playing. Just something I would like to point out with some of the lag though. When the game lags and someone gets attacked in that time, I don't think it's always the lag which gets the player attacked. To me it seems sometimes when you are moving and you get attacked, the game processes the attack before letting you move again. Meaning you don't get attacked because you get lagged, but rather you get lagged because you get attacked. This seems fair to me except if another player gets the player who just got attacked before they can move again, but then what are the chances of that happening??.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 am 

in this game a hunderd procent lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:37 am 

I understand U're frustration DorEli, the lag can be terrible, i have it almost every day... and... (note to DarkMyst) NOT after, but BEFORE the attack...
sometimes it seems that moving Pirates give some lag... (i don't know that it is so, but u can have the impression of it) and when i get frosen and have to log out sometimes... come back and being attacked... ??? (lucky me.. it is not all the time like that).
When i read from Popcan what kind of sripts there are possible in use sometimes... as a honnest player what U have to think then ... ???
But still i hope the future will be better, after SeaCap/bcp/admin can change some issues.
It is a great game... lets play it fair and we all have a lot of fun then...

See U on the sea :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 pm 

just like Jack said..the lag stops me and then I get hit..I can be moving swiftly along and then when I land on a spot that has a strong player, it lags, wierd thing is it sometimes lags when I can't see anyone, possibly because they have higher radar?...I can't move, hence I get hit. What really irks me is that sometimes the game loses connection completely and the refresh does not work. If I click the game button to reload, the page comes up a white blank. I then need to close the game down and reload, usually 2 or 3 times before the game page comes up. Also sometimes when the game lags but still allows you to go to the next space, the page loads black then the graphics slowly kick in. It's all very annoying and frustrating.

I can't wait til they get the new game up and running...hopefully this issue will get left behind in our wakes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:38 pm 
John the Fisherman

I honestly felt like somewhat of a d*** the other day with vicker...

I already hit vicker, then saw him/her moving about 1 minute til reset, so I chased after her and waited for reset, then kept refreshing the reset screen...

as soon as it was done, I sailed off and smacked vicker....

haha, the life of a pirate!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:00 am 

Again fixed in a LAG ... and again when someone was there ...
and of course attacking me and getting away with it before the fixing-lag was over ...
Not the loosing gold but the LAG is terrible again ... (but of course i would possible not loosing it without that fixing-lag...)
I say this already before... it is more then once that i i'm fixed when another (attacking) player is nearby ....... That give some questions ....... ???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:13 am 

I'm sick of the LAG too !!! it takes 20 to 30 seconds to make one move , how long will it take to make 600 moves :x Can anyone help with the lag , do you guys know how i won the most logon , this is the tips , GET LAG !!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 pm 
John the Fisherman

I ain't seen a lag in weeks!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:51 pm 

well i've been experiencing the lag more lately where i seem frozen and game doesn't respond to keyboard and or mouse commands.reading xtkillers responce in rant and rave this morning it seems to me that he seems to have a method or device that enables him to subject this lag. if this is fair play ok.untill now i thought it was a bug in the game that administration was working to resolve.there's plenty i don't know about this game and computer lingo so i may have misinterpeted what i perceived as a threat.so if some one could clear up what is fair play and what is cheating as per this concern. it seems some are already aware of the imbalances that exsist or can cause them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:52 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

If ANYONE has definite information about someone causing lag, please PM me immediately. Something like that would definitely be grounds for banning.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:58 pm 

add me to the list..
since lately i am having a helluva a lot of lag..
takes nearly 45 sec to play a single move..:|