Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slow playing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:52 am 

ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY FOR THE MOMENT... I TRY SEVERAL TIMES... EVERY MOVE U MAKE TAKES "MINUTES" ...
AND NOW END UP WITH THE FAMOUS "WHITE SCREEN" .....
TRY LATER AGAIN IN THE HOPE IT WILL BE FIXED ...

Post subject: Re: Avatar trouble
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:29 am 

AFTER SEVERAL TRY'S... :( IT BECOMES BETTER, :) THE LAST 400/450 MOVES ARE NORMAL AGAIN. :D

Post subject: Re: Slow playing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:12 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

its because there is this script installed in the game..

whenever you hit me, you automatically freeze up for x amount of time.. it usually takes quite awhile for it to smooth back out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:47 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

If anyone has proof of this, please send it to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:58 pm 
the evil pirate

seacapt

the only way you will ever slow down the people using scripts will be to temporarily stop firefox from being used on PTW which probably is impossible as you use FF yourself.

another possible bandaid cure would be to change the way the authenticator works. the current way it is set up is ripe for abuse, as from what I have heard the scripts allow a person to see someone elses radar and since the radar can stay open forever with live radar on , the scripts allow someone unlimited use of multiple radars.

my suggestion is to put a log out feature 5 minutes after you the authenticator screen kicks in , you would have to also add in some code to make the authenticator message appear instantly instead of it only appearing once the screen is refreshed or an action is taken. such a feature should drop the load on the server 20-50% as many people forget open screens for hours.

the script that is causing the freezups is a whole different mess , perhaps you can catch them when they flood the server?

i also suggest that it may be a good idea to post who is online so we could possibly help you in pinpointing who has the scripts. such a feature could actually help newbies avoid fame if the big dogs are online.

i highly doubt you will ever get a copy of those scripts , the only way to battle them is make some changes in the game.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:48 pm 

Looks like huskers is doing it again, :lol: . Game isn't loading for me. I didn't hit his ship but he admitted to making the lag and we need someone to blame, :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:28 pm 
the evil pirate

[quote="popcan"]seacapt

the scripts allow a person to see someone elses radar and since the radar can stay open forever with live radar on , the scripts allow someone unlimited use of multiple radars.

quote]

i see the scripts are workin fine tonight lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:20 am 

[quote]

i see the scripts are workin fine tonight lol

why cant you just admit you got out played...again
:-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:37 pm 
the evil pirate

outplayed lol

I don't really care anymore to tell you the truth , go ahead use all the greasemonkey scripts you want , double radars and whatever else you guys got running. if admins blocked firefox and multiple signups from 1 IP this game would be lightning fast.

I tried helping seacapt as much as I could , I even tried buying out bcp several times since he has been too busy dealing with real life but i got refused every time. with my marketing skills and time i could of dedicated I would of had this site back up to 2-3000 members in 3-4 months .

pretty soon I will be playing much less as I will be dedicating my time to my coin site when i launch it nationally accross Canada. my other websites will also be online by hopefully summer.

rest assured I wont go away as this site has been one of the best I have seen for paying members. the only way I wont play is if I become an admin..... since my offer to buy out bcp still stands :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:12 pm 

i just dont understand why you cant believe that you are being outplayed
i dont use firefox scripts
i dont use multiple radars to cheat
i dont cheat as you like to call me out everytime i get you
ask sea capt
my wife was away a couple of weeks ago for the whole weekend
she was not logged into ptw for about 2 and a half days and i had the house to myself for that weekend..not once did i ever log in with her account,and i never will
i have played this game a very long time and have studied the way people play as have you..
i aint no rookie as you know
you already know how we communicate,its no secret we use voip chat clients that are free for anyone to use
I agree with you in PTW being one of the best paying sites to play and get paid..and i do believe with a little help the admins could take this game to another level..and bring it back to where it was a few years ago and goodluck to you with your coin site..but why do you have to bag me every chance you get..i could switch over to IE and still get your gold..any browser under any conditions i have outplayed you but you just cant admit that there maybe someone as skilled as you playing this game
say what you want..im not posting on this topic anymore
Goodluck..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 am 

Darkmyst9 wrote:
Looks like huskers is doing it again, :lol: . Game isn't loading for me. I didn't hit his ship but he admitted to making the lag and we need someone to blame, :mrgreen: .

lol myst your a pisser bro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:06 am 

This is horrible - every 4-5 clicks and the game freezes...when it ...if it loads, the game page comes up white...reminds me of safemode

We can't play like this...it's a waste of time even trying

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:23 pm 

DorEli53 wrote:
This is horrible - every 4-5 clicks and the game freezes...when it ...if it loads, the game page comes up white...reminds me of safemode

We can't play like this...it's a waste of time even trying

Whats odd is that it lagged a little but not nearly as much for me and we seem to have been on at the same time. (I'm basing this on your forum post time.)

Flushing the cache and restarting the browser helped some--- but all of a sudden about 10 it sped up unexpectedly, at least on my end.