Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:19 pm 

i too get resets in a row. Its a game though, dont worry about it -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:58 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

megadog wrote:
i can deal with it, play the game good and fave fun with it anyway,but
PLEASE DONT CALL IT RANDOM,WHEN ITS NOT.
today was no exeption. 3 fame resets i a row in a first 30 moves, then after 200 moves (90 fame @ 7000 gold, scary,huh? :D )
i got one, and thats it. i have a bitter experience lately and i stopped playin then (after upgrading)

not really.... 12000 gold 95 fame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:41 pm 

megadog wrote:
i can deal with it, play the game good and fave fun with it anyway,but
PLEASE DONT CALL IT RANDOM,WHEN ITS NOT.
today was no exeption. 3 fame resets i a row in a first 30 moves, then after 200 moves (90 fame @ 7000 gold, scary,huh? :D )
i got one, and thats it. i have a bitter experience lately and i stopped playin then (after upgrading)

if its "NOT RANDOM" then why dont you give us the order and formulas for everything? oh? whats that? you cant? yeah.. be quiet. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:25 am 

its not random at all..what are they using to get the random factor anyways? admin..? lots of progs use the current time for example for their number, or maybe they rigged it a ghetto way which is causing things like 3 storms or 3 resets in a row to happen...

somtimes you'll get a ton of free moves during your first 50..and then not get any for the rest of time.

somtimes you'll get 3-4 storms in a row..which if it were random should be incredibly hard to get..odds 1;100000 or so, and that happends quiet more often that that.

im totally fine with the current system dont get me wrong, but it just cant be random as megadog is trying to state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:42 am 
Bros Before Hoes

sure it can be random... a lot of it could be timing... if the timing is there, you will continually hit the random number table on the same number... and therefore get the same result...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:20 pm 
Spasm Master

c'mon guys, it is determined randomly, everyone just isn't as lucky as others. Even though you may be getting 2 resets in a row, it doesn't make it not random, it just means that you got the same thing twice. I have only gotten two resets in a row twice since i started playing. It is random, so just stop complaining and take what you get. The admin have already responded to this concern, and therefore it has been resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:23 pm 
Queen of the 7 Seas

Amen spaz, AMEN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:04 pm 

CaptainSpaz wrote:
c'mon guys, it is determined randomly, everyone just isn't as lucky as others.It is random, so just stop complaining and take what you get. The admin have already responded to this concern, and therefore it has been resolved.

Geez, here we go again.. :roll:
im not whining, nor starting the fcukin revolution or somethin. actualy im doing pretty good, thanks for ass king.
please THINK. you can say it is random, whateva,then this Random is worse than other posible Randoms.
well, unlike you,i have had 4 resets in 10 moves.

could be also, that for some guys its workin and for some its not.
anyway it is not something fatal, but spoils the game a bit, so IMO needs to be fixed. in fact, today was just fine, maybe it is fixed now?

thank you PTW team for your efforts, i realy appreciate it.

p.s. i dont want to hear any of this smartass "boys dont cry" stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:01 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I agree that sometimes it feels like you are not getting randomness, like today, I purchased some moves to help myself out a bit, and then hit 6 deadly storms in a row. I think there is a timing issue on the randomness as when I started counting to 3 before clicking search an island, or attack a town, that I would have much more randomness than if i clicked, then moved, then clicked, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:11 pm 

We have said before everything is just a percentage chance with chance of finding a storm around 3%. I'm sorry if you run into a bunch in a row, but we have no control over it. I'm sure if you added up how many moves you've found compared to storms you'd know that it's in your favor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:20 pm 
Agree, theres way more moves to be found in the Islands than there are Storms. Sometimes I get 3 or 4 Islands in a row giving up more moves, or 3-4 storms in a row, its a balance. Its life. :)

Thanks PTW team. Looks like problem, all solved :) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:08 am 

there is no balance lately at all.
you get zillion of bonus moves (good) and few, closely packed resets (bad bad bad)
what about those, that cannot afford to BUY resets? (i can, but im not happy about spendin my hard earned cash this way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:21 pm 
Buxom Wench

Reminder: This is a game. Not a source of income. I understand being frustrated (I've more than once left my game on with 15K+ gold and 150+ fame cause I didn't find a re-set (and I can't afford to buy them) But it is JUST A GAME! The Admin's are putting a lot more of themselves into this game than you would believe and I can guarantee you the game IS fair AND random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:13 pm 

exactly- this is a game. supposed to be a fun and not for just a few selected. it is not a trial of spartian spirit, how long can one be frustrated and not quit playing.
and i dont it should be too hard or too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:40 pm 
Spasm Master

if you find the game unfair, even though it isn't, and you won't listen to what people say, you can only do one thong to ease your mind. Quit playing! We all think it is random, and have fun playing - if you don't and never will, then just don't play

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next