Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ideas for the game that would be reasonably EASY to do
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:38 am 

if you have any ideas to help improve the retention rate of players that might be fairly easy for sea cap to implement please list then

my idea is to give each new player a 5 ship and 5 radar plus 1000 moves to be used with in say a week and encourage them to ,mark an in game map both verticaly and horizontaly so they could orientate them selves and have the advantage from the start of being able to see and move better

people may or may not like this or agree but i think for as a help for new players it would be easy to do with out a major change of the program which is the main thing if you have any other ideas please add them with luck we can come up with something which we need to compete with the 100s of other games that are avaliable on the net

Post subject: Re: ideas for the game that would be reasonably EASY to do
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm 

I personally miss the old and new pirate rankings list and also the 1st 2nd and 3rd rankings awards. I also miss the rewards for most storms, who logged in the most, who stole the most, who lost the most, etc. Don't know if this qualifys for easy but it's what I miss and what got me started playing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 pm 

ty thats the sort of things that are needed to be brought back ild almost forgotten about then

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 am 

Yes Mysticx
I miss all that too... it gave us something to aim for.... be it good or bad lol
And yes make it a bit easier for new players just for the first week.... if it is possible ...
Love this game and would hate to see it go.....

Happy hunting all

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 am 

Hi, i know that when i started playing some visual overview would have helped a lot. What if, instead of a map giving co-ords there was a scaled up version of the radar with more of the game space visible - say one square for every 40 x40 block for example , with any extra shown graphically as they used to in maps with a " here be dragons " warning or fog bank. That way you could see the number of ships in a block before deciding to go in that direction or not -perhaps each ship could have a number indicating pirate strength instead of name and colour... I dont know if its possible but it would be really nice if the ships could be seen moving in real time too. yarrrgh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 am 

I would like to see this happen.

Remove the mystery about what crew does and cannon etc.

Tie a power factor to each power that can be tweaked. Have these powers adjusted so that everyone in the game has a chance. Example if you have a 10 hull and 3 obervation when you attack a pirate that is stronger than you you should almost never get through but you should not get fame. or maybe just one fame. If two pirates of equal strength then the tweak would mean that even if you can beat the other guy 100% of the time then change it so that you can only win 20% and same for them. If you are attacked by a weak ship your success rate should be around 5% and increase with their fame. At least we would not be killing the young so effectively that they quit because they can not get a foot hold in the game. The weak pirates should get a reasonable chance to get through the big guys. Just think if they attacked me and got 2000 or 450! I would think that that would encourage more play. Use referals in a more effective way.

There needs to be a way to level the field so all can steal some gold.

Have "ocean quakes" , typhoons, and hurricanes, and undersea volcanoes that constantly changes the location of small areas of the see. You have a good garden, great but be prepared to pull up stakes and and move it from the area of devastation

Just my thoughts..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm 

i would like to sell you all a GREAT KNEW FABULOUSE PRODUCT I HAVE DISCOVERED full of natural goodness and so cheap at only 100 monthly payments of 1.99 it just blew me away with its amazing qualitys and it would go with the amazing cheap phoner deals that were listed befotre itys just so cheap and economical its new ITS AMAZING ITS JUST SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ITS INSTANT WATER JUST EMPTY THE SPECIAL SATCHEL IN TO A GLASS OF WATER AN HEY P;RESTO SPARKLING WaTER AND IT TASTES JUST LUIKE THE REAL THINGso order today just ring idiotiotic sucker 111 for a free sample then order (may take a year or two) so dont miss out we also have some ice just for our eskimo s so hurry before we sell out

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:01 pm 

Is the water dehydrated? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm 

only if you buy the special dehydration kit for only an additioal 1000 usd which comes with a handy dandy instructioin book with a amazing 40 recipies for how to turn your tasty dehydrated water into mouth watering treats for the whole family and the amazing dehydration kit which contains a state of the art bucket and a heat lamp to make as much dehydrated water as you like so be quick order NOW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 pm 

oh oh I want some

I want some :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am 

yarr wrote:
Hi, i know that when i started playing some visual overview would have helped a lot. What if, instead of a map giving co-ords there was a scaled up version of the radar with more of the game space visible - say one square for every 40 x40 block for example , with any extra shown graphically as they used to in maps with a " here be dragons " warning or fog bank. That way you could see the number of ships in a block before deciding to go in that direction or not -perhaps each ship could have a number indicating pirate strength instead of name and colour... I dont know if its possible but it would be really nice if the ships could be seen moving in real time too. yarrrgh.

you can turn on your radar,just click on the tool,and you can see others moving in real time. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 pm 

how about a smugglers cove where a pirate could go to buy items with their gold and to sell to make more gold.
or maybe items could be found in towns, islands or oysters that can be taken to this cove so as to sell to earn more gold. Of course there could be storms or attacks or sea serpents that can take your plunder away from you just to make things more interesting.