All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Who'd be keen on a chat reunion??
Yip 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Nope 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Chat Reunion
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 pm 

I was thinking for old times sake it would be cool if we could all have a chat reunion. Since the in-game chat seems to have stopped working long ago we'll need to think of another place. I was thinking IRC as then no one has to signup to use the chat and all we'll need to do is pick a channel, time, and date. If keen then post a time that suits you in the format '(Time) GMT (+/- Difference)'. I haven't thought up a date but was thinking around 2 Pm GMT +12 for the time as that should suit most people around the world with it being about 10 Pm for the people in the US as far as I know.

Post subject: Re: Chat Reunion
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am 

Idea is good but as far as I see now the time you called I am sleeping :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 am 

Currently here it's about 1 Am. I was thinking if people post a time that suits them then we can try to find a time that suits as many people as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:33 am 

It's afternoon here now (15.25 pm) but mostly I play in the evening.
But still, 10 pm at USA is 4 am for me and then I am sleeping :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 pm 

Hi there DM; Its been a long Hiatus; if i spelled that right
A chat reuion sounds great to me. Hope you do not mind me sitting next to you
and that Beautiful Blue Boat nxt to you. I am not real familiar with IRC but will check it out
This coming week . I have been very busy . China is shaking the economics of the world
Danger Danger Will Robinson. I f you remember lost in space.
Any way talk again soon. :) 8) CaptainPRECIOUS aka TF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:37 pm 

I'm in, just let me know when and where. I miss everyone...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 am 

Just checked my in-game log and saw all the attacks, :). I didn't know so many people still played so that's cool.
You're currently GMT +2 fhaitjema (I was wondering what you'd be up at 4 Am for, lol.), so if it was just us 2 in the chat for example then I'd suggest 9 Pm GMT +12 which would be 11 Am for you. In other words it wouldn't be too early in the morning for you or too late at night for me, so hopefully you guys get what I mean by the time system.
It has been a long time and it should be good chatting to you lot again. I've logged in a few times lately but haven't opened the game window so haven't noticed where all the ships are. IRC is a chat system which has been around for yonks (There was a cool IRC chat program for windows 95 called v-chat.) which has commands you can enter, channel (Chat room.) ops (Admin.), etc. All you'll need is a program to connect to the channel we'll be in. There's lots of free IRC programs on the net though the best I've found so far is Turbo-IRC. Anyway it doesn't even have to be IRC we use if that's going to be too tricky for some people. Any free chat that doesn't require signup would be cool. Oh and yip I remember 'lost in space', that was a cool movie.

Edit:
Come to think of it we'll give IRC a miss to make it easier for people to join, so they won't need to download a client, I won't need to pick a server, etc.

So details are as follows:
Site: http://www.everywherechat.com/chatnow.php
Room: ptw
Nick: (Just use your in-game name.)
Click 'Connect' and 'Expand chat'.

So all we need to come up with now is the date and time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 am 

I would be keen for sure. I don't know how the time works but if everyone else decides on a date & time I will do my darnedest, (if that's the right spelling) to log on & chat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 am 

Cool, well so far I'm thinking an early time would be best. Me and you are both in NZ time so no problems there Angieb.
So far I'm thinking a good time and day would be 8:30 Am GMT+12 on sunday which would be:
Me + Angieb = GMT+12 = 8:30 Am (Sunday.).
TheFred + mary0203 = GMT-4 = 4:30 Pm (Saturday.).
fhaitjema = GMT+2 = 10:30 Pm (Saturday.).

Should it be this coming sunday (Saturday for some.) or should we wait, e.g for more people??. Also I'm assuming it's clear from my post but for if it isn't, then the listed times and days are those that we enter the chat so that we're all in at the same time assuming my working out is right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 am 

[quote="Darkmyst9"]Just checked my in-game log and saw all the attacks, :). I didn't know so many people still played so that's cool.
You're currently GMT +2 fhaitjema (I was wondering what you'd be up at 4 Am for, lol.), so if it was just us 2 in the chat for example then I'd suggest 9 Pm GMT +12 which would be 11 Am for you. In other words it wouldn't be too early in the morning for you or too late at night for me, so hopefully you guys get what I mean by the time system.

Lol, I do have a job that does not have office times. So sometimes I am online at unusual times :D
But maybe we better refer to gametime? I am mostly online around 18.00 gametime. And when I am at work it can switch.

But next saturday 10.30 pm I think I can be online (maybe 30 minutes later). Why wait? Just lets start it. And maybe we continue chat reunions and more people will join.

@ mary: Glad you are still here :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:13 pm 

Ah that makes sense then. I think refering to game time could work but at least the way I've done it the working out is already done them. If it makes it easier for you then the game time looks to be GMT-4, so you'd join the chat at 4:30 Pm (Saturday.) game time fhaitjema which is a bit earlier than your usual 6 Pm game time. As for making it non stop rather than a meet at a set time, it's a good idea but I think so few people would use it that it would be empty most of the time. If we set a time then at least there will be other people in there. Though anyone is welcome to try that chat when ever. If you're the 1st to join then you become the room admin by default so you could have a play with the room settings, try to kick yourself out, etc. Also you can use a different room name and user name but if you enter a room name in use then you'll join their room and it won't let you use a user name that someone else has already claimed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am 

I can only say, create the chat at irc and post the link at the forum tomorrow. I will join the chat as soon as possible :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm 

It won't be in IRC though the PHP chat looks to be based on IRC. To get into the chat just go to http://www.everywherechat.com/chatnow.php and in 'Nick' box enter your in-game name, then in the 'Room' box just enter ptw and you're ready to go. After that just click 'Connect' and you're in, though also clicking 'Expand chat' will make the chat window bigger so it's easier to use. We can try the chat this week as a test and for next week I'll try PMing some people so we can have more people.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm 

I've been in to the new chat room & it's real easy to get into if you follow Darkmyst9's instructions :) Only seen 2 others in there so far tho, come on fellow Pirates, lets get chatting :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 pm 

Thanks Angieb. I've posted about the new chat room at: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3134 .