Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:23 pm 

Ah, I have just worked it out. NZ time is 18 hours ahead of game time. So 9 PM game time is 3 PM the next day here. So for NZ players the hunt will be Monday 27th of February at 3 PM. I still keep messing it up, but that sounds right to me.

Post subject: Ahoy Maties
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:12 am 

Good to see a few New Zealander's online. I'm from Napier ... pitty that I'll be working at 3pm on Monday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:15 am 

Darkmyst9 wrote:
Ah, I have just worked it out. NZ time is 18 hours ahead of game time. So 9 PM game time is 3 PM the next day here. So for NZ players the hunt will be Monday 27th of February at 3 PM. I still keep messing it up, but that sounds right to me.

Your 18 hour difference will work until we (NZ) turn our clocks back in a couple of weeks. Then it will be 19 hours difference until the US going on daylights savings time and moves their clocks forward making the time difference 20 hours. I am used to the figuring out the time difference since I am American who is now living in New Zealand. Also I have a little program called Qclock that I use if I can't be bothered doing the math.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:02 am 

Ok yip, daylight saving could make a few problems. Thanks for the info though Captain_Leathers. I have been in NZ my whole life, and have never been overseas, so I still find it all quite hard to work out. It would probably be classed as advertising to post the link for Qclock in here, but could you please pm me the website link if it is a free download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 am 
Bros Before Hoes

to figure out the time an easy way... check what time on your computer.... then check what the clock on the ptw home page says... then just figure it out that way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 am 

Don't worry about pming me the link, I was just being lazy and now have the program. Sorry about that, I just never thought to do a net search for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:13 am 

Ooohhh.. i can't wait. Treasure hunt sounds good, and ya it is 3pm NZ time. So pefect. I reckon we have one of the best times for this game. Reset is 6pm etcc... Well i'll be waiting on Monday at 3pm for this. Muhahahahaha... us lower players actually have a chance at wining some money off here. You dont need any upgrades for this.

Last edited by OnyxTower on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:15 am 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:
to figure out the time an easy way... check what time on your computer.... then check what the clock on the ptw home page says... then just figure it out that way

There's a clock which shows game time on the PTW homepage??. Is this after you log in or something, as I can't see it at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:19 am 

Its just after you log in. On the members homepage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:20 am 

Oh yip, see it now. Ty for that, :oops:.

Post subject: Quick Question
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:39 am 

Do we have to be here at 3pm NZ time or can we join in after work? LOL....but seriously..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 am 

Yes you use your moves as normal, but when you purchase a treasure hunt you get 200 extra moves. In this case they are given to you freely because it's a free treasure hunt. So the key is to figure out where the treasure is located before you move or at least have an idea. This treasure hunt will have a screenshot taken of the map location with 5 red x's where there is treasure. The answer to the clue we give you will give you the coordinates to look between and search the islands there. Most treasure hunts will last 12 hours, so one at 12 am EST and 12 pm EST as the start times. Good luck to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:58 am 
Bros Before Hoes

shelvock wrote:
Yes you use your moves as normal, but when you purchase a treasure hunt you get 200 extra moves. In this case they are given to you freely because it's a free treasure hunt. So the key is to figure out where the treasure is located before you move or at least have an idea. This treasure hunt will have a screenshot taken of the map location with 5 red x's where there is treasure. The answer to the clue we give you will give you the coordinates to look between and search the islands there. Most treasure hunts will last 12 hours, so one at 12 am EST and 12 pm EST as the start times. Good luck to everyone.

so the islands we need to search will be marked? so all we gotta do is find it? or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:32 am 
Spasm Master

count me in! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:27 pm 

Yes all you have to do is find it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next